As children grow, they come to know God in new and exciting ways. Faith Formation programs at Holy Name of Jesus encourage, instruct and engage children in the learning process. This formation process continues throughout adulthood. Our spiritual journey is meant to be lifelong, and we encourage this at HNOJ through our small group studies and lecture series.
Learn more about Faith Formation registration below, and specific programs using the menu at the right.
Interested in becoming Catholic as an adult? Learn about RCIA.
Faith Formation Registration
Registration for the 2013-2014 program year is underway!
Looking for registration for Senior High CREW? Click here.
Want to make a difference in the lives of our parish children? Click here to view all the different volunteer ministry opportunities in the Faith Formation program!
Faith Formation: At a Glance
Holy Name of Jesus offers Faith Formation classes for preschool (age 3) through Confirmation (typically grades 9 and 10). Learn more about each of these programs using the menu at the right. Classes are held on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Sunday School (age 3 through kindergarten): At the 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Mass times
- Sunday Morning Faith Formation (grades 1-6): 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
- Elementary Faith Formation in a Specially Designed Classroom: 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. every other Sunday
- Year I Confirmation - Typically completed in the Ninth Grade: Sundays from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Year II Confirmation - Typically completed in the Tenth Grade: Sundays from 3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday Evening (grades 1-8): 5-6:15 p.m.
- Wednesday Evening (grades 1-8): 6:30-7:45 p.m.
On Wednesday evenings, join us for a hot meal for a free will offering with Wednesday Fine Dining, from 5:15-6:45 p.m. in the Good Samaritan Center. Open Gym is also available before classes, from 4:30-5 p.m. and 6-6:30 p.m., so that students can work off some energy before heading to class.
Learn more about our Faith Formation programs for each grade level using the menu at the right.
- August 15 - Registration deadline (any registration forms received after this date will be assessed a $20 late fee per student. New parishioners are exempt.)
- September 11 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Catechist (Teacher) Training for first through eighth grade
- September 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Sunday School Teacher Training
- September 18 at 6 p.m.- Faith Formation Opening Mass and Open House
- Please Note: The Open House is meant for students attending Wednesday classes, but we invite everyone involved in any aspect of Faith Formation to attend our Opening Mass.
- September 22 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Year I Confirmation Parent/Student Meeting
- September 22 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Year II Confirmation Parent/Student Meeting
- September 22 - Sunday School Sessions Begin
- September 25 - Wednesday Faith Formation Classes Begin
- September 29 - Sunday Faith Formation Classes Begin
- September 29 - Elementary Faith Formation in a Specially Designed Classroom Sessions Begin
- Sunday School - $70 per student
- Faith Formation Grades 1-8 - $85 per student
- Elementary Faith Formation in a Specially Designed Classroom - $85 per student
- First Year Confirmation - $100 per student
- Second Year Confirmation - $100 per student
- First Reconciliation - $30 per student
- First Eucharist - $30 per student
- Confirmation Retreats - cost varies based on chosen retreat
No child is denied an opportunity to learn about the Catholic faith. Please contact Patti Watkins, Director of Faith Formation, at 763-745-3495 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full or partial scholarship prior to registration.
Parish Children's Choir - third through sixth grade
Third through sixth grade students are invited to be involved in our Parish Children's Choir. Choir practice takes place on Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 6:35 p.m. when faith formation classes are in session. Students who wish to be involved in choir can choose to attend either the 5 p.m. or the 6:30 p.m. class time. Those who attend 5 p.m. class will be dismissed from class early to attend choir practice. Those who attend the 6:30 p.m. class will be excused for arriving at class late in order to complete choir practice. Parish children attending the Sunday 9:15 a.m. classes may also take part in Parish Children's Choir. There is no additional fee. Children who enjoy expressing themselves through music will benefit greatly from learning the value of sung prayer in our liturgies and the importance of leading music for our congregation. This choir will sing at a Sunday liturgy about once a month during the school year and at the 4 p.m. Christmas Eve Mass. Register your child for Parish Children's Choir on the same form used to register for Faith Formation Classes. Look for the section about faith formation and choir on the faith formation registration form.