Nursery Assistant – Providing childcare for Holy Name of Jesus liturgies and/or programs as needed.
In this position, you will primarily be providing safe and welcoming childcare to children of HNOJ. You will be supervising volunteers in the nursery. You will be maintaining cleanliness and safety of the room and materials in it and you will act as a backup for other nursery staff.
You will be providing childcare during regular weekend liturgies, as well as other weekday liturgies or other programs (MOPS) as needed. In this position, you will average a maximum of 15 hours every two weeks. We have an extensive staff of Nursery Assistants, so you would not be expected to work every weekend, for example. This will be a rotating schedule with approximately a team of 10 persons.
If interested, please contact Susan Evans, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 763-473-7901, extension 120.
The daytime custodian will evaluate and maintain facility and grounds and will have a hand’s on approach to projects and a willingness to help as needed. Skilled in general operating procedures for general cleaning and sanitation activities, and skilled in the use of hand tools and power equipment; able to test and replace parts and components in plumbing, electrical, and heating systems. Must be able to work unsupervised; take initiative and excel in a dynamic environment.
This is a DAY position, working Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. approximately. The Day Custodian will perform routine custodial and maintenance activities at the Church and School (one facility). Proper maintaining and cleaning of hallways, conference rooms, church area, restrooms, conference rooms, work rooms and classrooms, and all restrooms. It is an essential position at keeping the building clean and well maintained, orderly and secure while providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Responsibilities to include, but are not inclusive:
- *Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures.
- *Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- *Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; auto scrubbers, high-pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops and squeegees for cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- *Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- *Assist maintenance staff with indoor setups, if needed.
- *Assist with snow removal – shoveling, snow-blowing, and salting sidewalks as needed.
- *Perform grounds keeping duties such as lawn mowing, trimming and edge work.
- *Sweep walkway of debris.
- *Trim shrubs and pull weeds; rake and prune the grounds as needed. Other Responsibilities:
- *Be flexible and adjust to changing demands.
- *Take ownership in the appearance of the facilities – if there’s paper on the floor pick it up, if a window needs cleaning – clean it.
- *Obey the policies with respect to punching in and out of the time clock.
- *Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good moral and cooperative teamwork.
- *Assist and support the administration in implementing policies and rules governing employment law practices, conduct and behavior.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive. Those preceded by an asterisk (*) are essential job functions. More detailed listings of duties, tasks and qualifications may be outlined in supplemental documents.
Qualifications: Must 18 years of age or older and able to operate lawn care equipment such as a push mower and riding mower, trimmer/edger and leaf blower. Mental Demands: Be able to cope with multiple simultaneous demands, keep track of tasks completed and tasks undone, be able to follow instructions and listen to direction. The position requires frequent interaction with parishioners, volunteers, and the work is done in the presence of children, therefore, the person must be able to remain in control of their behavior at all times and maintain an even, calm, disposition.
Physical Demands: Long hours on your feet, lifting up to 70 pounds, must be able to efficiently operate machinery, sweeping, vacuuming, and lawn care work. Must be able to bend, stoop and carry items up to 70 pounds.
Specific Job Qualifications: High School Graduate or equivalent, post-secondary mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other relevant trade certifications a plus, Minimum of two-plus years of facilities maintenance and cleaning experience required. Minimum 2nd class C boilers license preferred Chief boiler license, a plus. if no license currently, must be willing to get a license within six months of hire. HVAC experience required. Must have a valid driver’s license and car for use during scheduled hours. Successfully complete the required background checks and VIRTUS training. Successfully complete the pre-employment physical.
Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community traces its history to 1856. Today, Holy Name of Jesus Community is comprised of 2,500 households, with 9,800 parishioners. Holy Name of Jesus has maintained St. Benedict's philosophy, welcome all as you would welcome Christ. Holy Name resides in Medina, Minnesota, bordering Wayzata, and just off of County Road 24. For more information and to learn of our history, please go to our website at www.hnoj.org
The Medina Community is nestled in the Western Suburbs of the metro area. Holy Name of Jesus of Medina borders up to several other suburban areas such as: Wayzata, Plymouth and Maple Grove. As we are minutes away from many major highways and roads, we are easy to get to and to find.
If interested in applying for this position, please email resume and cover letter to Susan Evans at email address: email@example.com. Or Mail to: Susan Evans, Holy Name of Jesus, 155 County Road 24, Wayzata, MN 55391 If interested in a complete job description, please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.