Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church is in search of a highly organized and motivated Executive Assistant to join our dynamic team. This role is instrumental in providing administrative, logistical and sacramental support to both the Pastor and Associate Pastor. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in preparing communications, coordinating schedules, assisting with liturgical tasks and fostering a productive environment that aligns seamlessly with the mission of Holy Name of Jesus Parish.
- Manage and coordinate the calendars of the Pastor and Associate Pastor
- Prepare liturgical presider schedules and update the liturgical calendar
- Maintain the Pastor's appointment schedule, plan meetings, conferences and travel
- Prepare communications and work collaboratively with admin staff on projects as assigned
- Maintain parishioner confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
Liturgical Ministries Support
- Liaise with the Liturgy Committee, overseeing various liturgical roles
- Maintain liturgy ministry lists and prepare schedules
- Collaborate with volunteer coordinators for training and formation
- Ensure preparedness of school and Faith Formation students for liturgies
Pastoral Care and Outreach
- Coordinate requests for pastoral care, ensuring timely communication between parishioners and the priests
- Maintain a comprehensive record of pastoral care activities, including anointing and other sacramental services
- Collaborate with the pastoral care team, providing support as directed by the Pastor, to enhance pastoral care and outreach initiatives
- Be present and flexible to meet responsibilities
- Create a harmonious and cooperative work environment
- Work towards advancing the vision of 21st Century discipleship
- Attend required meetings and staff development activities
- Demonstrate professionalism in behavior, speech and dress
Holy Name of Jesus is a vibrant, Christ-centered parish that embraces a community of 2500 families. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to hospitality, uplifting liturgical experiences, educational excellence and impactful community outreach. At HNOJ, we aspire to create an environment where everyone feels not only welcome but an essential part of our mission: Sharing in the Body of Christ, we seek to: Know the heart of Christ, See the face of Christ and Be the hands of Christ. Come join us in our pursuit to foster discipleship, uplift one another and cultivate deeper connection to God.
- High school diploma: post-secondary education is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to the parish and broader church community
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other relevant applications
- Ability to pass a background check and complete required initial training
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and commitment to the parish mission to Janna Webskowski. The deadline for applications is Feb. 29. Holy Name of Jesus Parish is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Sacred Music
Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community in Wayzata is seeking a highly skilled Director of Sacred Music. This full-time position will inspire and lead the music ministry for the parish. The HNOJ music ministry has a long tradition of excellence and includes opportunities for parishioners of all ages including a variety of liturgical music styles. HNOJ incorporates several part-time directors of various musical ensembles as well as eight professional section leaders in its Adult Choir.
This position can be tailored to Choral Director, Principal Organist or Organist/Choirmaster models depending on the skill sets of the successful applicant. Whichever model is chosen, the management and vision of the entire music program is expected.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor of Music. A Master of Music degree or higher is preferred.
- 5 years of music ministry with a strong background in Eucharistic-centered liturgy.
- Have excellent vocal pedagogy skills as pertains to choral and solo vocal development.
- Have excellent organ/piano skills to lead the parish in sung liturgy and to provide high-quality preludes/postludes.
- Have proficient keyboard skills to occasionally lead rehearsals from the piano.
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to connect, collaborate and form effective partnerships with a wide range of individuals.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to plan over various time lengths.
- Be familiar with the General Instruction of the Roman Missal.
- A practicing Catholic with a strong knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic faith and traditions is preferred.
Holy Name of Jesus is a vibrant, Christ-centered parish that embraces a community of 2500 families. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to hospitality, uplifting liturgical experiences, educational excellence and impactful community outreach. At HNOJ, we aspire to create an environment where everyone feels not only welcome but an essential part of our mission: Sharing in the Body of Christ, we seek to: Know the heart of Christ, See the face of Christ, and Be the hands of Christ. Join us in creating a sacred music ministry that brings people closer to Christ.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references to Janna Webskowski, no later than Feb. 16, 2024.
Elementary Faith Formation Coordinator
Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community in Wayzata is seeking a highly skilled Elementary Faith Formation Coordinator. This full-time position will develop the faith of children in the parish and their families by conducting classes, workshops, service opportunities and social opportunities. This includes responsibility for Sunday School classes, Wednesday evening faith formation classes and Vacation Bible School. Additionally, this position is responsible for planning and implementing processes for First Sacraments that engages parents in the life of the parish.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a bachelor’s degree. A degree in an area of Theology and/or Catholic Studies is preferred.
• Be proficient in computer technology and ability to learn and adopt to new computer systems and programs.
• Be a practicing Catholic with a strong knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic faith and traditions.
• Have strong project management and organizational skills, along with oral and written communication skills.
• Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to connect, collaborative and form effective partnerships with a wide range of individuals.
Holy Name of Jesus is an active, Christ-centered parish located in Wayzata, Minnesota. With a strong focus on hospitality, good liturgy, education and outreach, our community is one where we hope you feel welcome and a part of our mission: Sharing in the Body of Christ, we seek to: Know the heart of Christ; See the face of Christ; Be the hands of Christ.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references to Hayley Jacobson at [email protected].