SH Crew 2018-2019:
We can't wait to start up and get everyone back together. Here are the basics for 2018 - 2019:
- When: SH (Senior High) CREW meets most Sundays from 7-8:30 p.m., following the 5:30 p.m. LifeTeen Mass at HNOJ. On First Sunday's we meet from 7-8:45 p.m. (dates below)
- Who: Any student in grades 9-12 can participate in SH CREW. SH CREW is run by HNOJ staff and a group of faithful adult mentors called the CORE Team.
- If you have questions about SH CREW, please don’t hesitate to contact Kory LaCroix, 763-746-8190 or firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
Click here for 2018-2019 SH CREW registration.
Early Bird Registration fee is $70. Registration fees rise to $95 after August 15, 2018 Register early and get in on the discount!
FAQs about the SH CREW
Is this Confirmation? No, but it is a prerequisite for Confirmation. The personal encounter with Jesus Christ our students experience in SH CREW is for all teens, both confirmed and those in the process of preparing for Confirmation. Students preparing for the sacrament of Confirmation will participate in SH CREW as a part of their preparation. More information about Confirmation can be found at here.
What's the deal with First Sundays? Featuring some of the best Catholic youth speakers from around the country, music by our LifeTeen Band and transformational prayer, the First Sunday of every month will inspire our teens to enter into a deeper relationship with Christ.
What about the other Sundays? Teens who choose to meet in weekly small groups will meet approximately three times per month (dates to the right) with their friends, an adult mentor and other small groups to continue to grow as disciples. We will do this through prayer, conversation and learning, assisted by a groundbreaking youth ministry curriculum called YDisciple. (Check it out at ydisciple.org.)
Is there food? You bet. Every week following LifeTeen Mass, food will be available for purchase in the GSC from 6:30-7 p.m.
Can I be with friends? Of course. In fact, we encourage it. There is a place on the registration form for you to list a few people you'd like to be grouped with. This is all about developing life-long relationships centered in Jesus Christ.
What about The Passion Play? Glad you asked! Our 9th grade students will perform The Passion is in March. It will be a powerful experience. Most rehearsals will take place on Monday nights. The Passion play also counts as a retreat for those preparing for Confirmation.
If I sign up for just First Sunday's, can I later start coming more often? Absolutely. As a parish, we will continually invite our teens to take the necessary steps that allow them to grow in a more intimate relationship with Jesus. Students are free to attend more often than they originally signed up for. We just ask that they let us know. That way, we are able to be sure to add them to a group with another teen they trust.
Besides First Sundays, and Youth Ministry moving to Sunday, what else is new? We are excited to announce we will add a high school men's retreat and a high school women's retreat this March.
What else? SH CREW is more than just a "youth group." Here are some characteristics that will remain constant in HNOJ SH CREW:
- Great adult volunteers on the CORE Team.
- Engaging and life-changing Spring and Fall Retreat.
- Summer trips, Christpower, NPH, Steuby, Extreme Faith Camp and more will challenge us to grow in holiness.
- HNOJ will continue to be a community that cares about its teens, families and their faith.
- HNOJ staff, Kory LaCroix, Ashley Cermak, Fr. Evans and Fr. Steve, are more excited than ever to share the good news of the Catholic faith with teens.