The Council is organized as a consultative body, representative of the faith community of Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, and called to assist the community in fulfilling the Parish Mission. While providing vision and strategic planning to organizations within the parish, the Council shall be sensitive to the needs and desires of the Holy Name Community, and strive to ensure that Gospel-centered values are upheld, as we welcome all as Christ.
The Pastoral Council is comprised of six at-large members selected from the parish, seven members selected from the Ministry Area Commissions, and the Pastor. They meet the third Thursday of each month at 8:30 p.m.
What is the Council's Purpose?
"...The Council's role is to offer counsel to the Pastor on matters affecting the life and ministry of the parish community. The Pastoral Council assists the Pastor in accomplishing goals by offering counsel to him. This consultative responsibility is rooted in the obligation of all the baptized to pursue the common good of the Church. It is present in the emerging consensus flowing from the combined gifts and multiple experiences of the people of God."
~ Guidelines for Parish Pastoral Councils of the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis
2017-2018 Council Members
- Father Steve Ulrick - Pastor - Contact Fr. Steve
- Carol Bishop - Parish Administrator - Contact Carol
- Murray Wolf - Pastoral Council Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Clysdale - email@example.com
- Julie Harries- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Inhofer - email@example.com
- Tony Weldon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bradley Zasada - email@example.com
Committees and Commissions overseen by the Pastoral Council
- Stewardship Committee
- Faith Formation Commission
- Liturgy Commission
- Parish Life Commission
- Pastoral Care Commission
- School Commission
- Finance Council
- Communication Committee