The annual Fall Festival is our big kick-off to the ministry and school year at Holy Name of Jesus. Join us as we celebrate our community with entertainment, delicious food, activities for all ages and good friends.
Fall Festival begins with the 3rd annual Turtle Trot 5K Saturday morning and continues with the much-anticipated festival Saturday evening. Mark your calendar and join us for each of these events.
Turtle Trot 5K – Saturday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. start
Join us for HNOJ’s third ever fun run through the adjacent neighborhood. The Turtle Trot 5K will start at HNOJ’s driveway, continue through the adjacent neighborhood, and end back at the starting point. Participants will not need to cross any busy streets!
Family friendly, invite the kids and the neighbors! Bring your strollers, but NO pets, skateboards, bikes etc. If you are a student of HNOJ School your teachers will be on hand to cheer you on and help out.
The registration fee is $20 per child, $40 per adult. Registration is due by Aug. 27 and will also ensure a t-shirt in your requested size. Also adults who register by Aug. 27 and volunteer at Fall Fest, are eligible for a $10 discount. All proceeds of the Turtle Trot will help make Catholic education at HNOJ affordable for all. Register online or download the form.
Wear green and/or "turtle" attire or your race day t-shirt to be entered in a drawing for a prize.
Fall Fest is Saturday, Sept. 15, 4-10:00 p.m.
Kick off the Festival with us with Mass under the big tent at 4 p.m. Only once a year do we offer an opportunity to enjoy Mass in the great outdoors.
After Mass take part in any of the following activities at your leisure:
- Lazer Tag
- Selfie Stand
- Kids Games & Crafts
- Dragon Ride
- Country Market with Silent Auction!
- Caricature Artist
- Face Painting
- Cookie Decorating
- Bon Fire
- Music & Dancing
- Great Food
- Wine and beer pulls
- Game of Heads and Tails
- Woody the musician/juggler/magician
Ticket Sales – Avoid Lines, Buy Your Tickets Early!
Avoid the long lines at the ticket booth. Fall Festival tickets will be available for purchase after all the Masses the weekends of Aug. 25/26 and Sept. 8/9 and at the parish office during regular business hours. Tickets are used for food, beverages and kid’s games at Fall Fest. Entrance to Fall Fest is free!
If you prefer to purchase your tickets at Fall Festival, we suggest you bring cash to shorten the wait time in the ticket line.
Sample Ticket Chart
- Kid’s Games/Activities 1-4 tickets or Unlimited Kid’s Games Wristband $10
- Pop/Water 1 ticket
- Beer/Wine 5 tickets
- Snacks 1-5 tickets
- Dinner Items 2-5 tickets
Fall Fest is run by volunteers, funded by sponsors and donations
Many dedicated individuals, families, ministries and businesses working together make HNOJ Fall Festival a memorable and fun event each year.
Here is how you can get involved:
- Spread the word: Join the conversation by using #HNOJFallFest on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share your memories and what you are looking forward to. Invite your family, friends and neighbors to join us!
- Volunteers are needed to set up Friday or Saturday, sell tickets, be part of the stage crew, operate the dragon train, run kid’s games, sell beverages and clean-up. Sign-up online or contact Carol Bishop at email@example.com or call 763-473-7901.
- Fall Festival sponsorship: Contact Deacon Dennis at 763-473-7901 for more information about how you or your business can support Fall Festival through corporate sponsorship. Or see box at right for more details as well. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to support last years sponsors.
- Country Market donations: The Country Market, organized by the Knights of Columbus Auxilliary accepts donations of garden produce, garden products (jams, jellies, etc.) and baked goods to stock the market. They are also looking for themed baskets from each ministry. All donations can be brought to the Country Market booth on the morning of Fall Fest. Please contact Beth Dust at 636-697-6124 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Fall Festival run smoothly, thanks to all the great volunteers! People can help set up, tear down, sell tickets, run kids games, beverage tent, run the train and more!
Sign up or view shifts and jobs at
Fall Fest really needs a kids games tent coordinator. If you can help schedule the volunteers and make sure things are running well, please consider serving.
We also need a sponsorship chair; if you like to make connections we need you!
Email Erik at email@example.com to express your interest.