Fall Festival 2023
Save the date for our Fall Festival 2023! Join us on Saturday, Sept. 16.
This annual family-fun event includes:
- Outdoor Mass
- Live music by Emerson Avenue
- Kids carnival games and inflatables
- Amazing food options
- Outreach Ministries tent
- Classic car show
- And so much fun!
*Please note that our morning 5K Turtle Trot has been canceled for this year.
The annual Fall Festival is our big kick-off to the ministry and school year at Holy Name of Jesus. Join us on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, as we celebrate our community with entertainment, delicious food, activities for all ages and good friends.
Fall Festival is run by volunteers, funded by sponsors and donations
Many dedicated individuals, families, ministries and businesses working together make HNOJ Fall Festival a memorable and fun event each year. Here is how you can get involved:
- Spread the word: Invite your family, friends and neighbors to join us!
- Volunteers are needed to set up Friday or Saturday, sell tickets, be part of the stage crew, operate the dragon train, run kid’s games, sell beverages and clean-up. Sign up here!
- Country Market donations: The Country Market, organized by the Knights of Columbus Auxilliary accepts donations of garden produce, garden products (jams, jellies, etc.) and baked goods to stock the market. All donations can be brought to the Country Market booth on the morning of Fall Festival. For questions, please contact Mary Jo.
- Craft beer donations: Bring in a 4 or 6 pack of beer from a brewery for our Craft Beer Sale this year. This gives you a chance to share your favorite local (or global) craft beers! Please bring your donation to the school principal anytime before the festival.
- Golf Scramble: Please mark your calendars now for our HNOJ Golf Out which will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 6, at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start at the beautiful Rush Creek Golf Club. Registration will be open soon. Space is limited; last year the event sold out before the end of July. Sponsorship Opportunities and prize donations are being accepted now; please contact Ryan for details.
- Outdoor Mass on the Grass: bring your lawn chairs or blankets and join us for Mass at 4 p.m.
All the Details
Held at Rush Creek Golf Club, Wednesday, Sept. 6, at noon. Proceeds of this event support enhancing the security of the HNOJ campus. Individual registration is $275, and foursome is $1100; includes golf and cart for 18 holes, range balls, on course games package and dinner buffet. Sponsorships are available.
Kick off the Festival with us with Mass on the Grass! Only once a year do we offer an opportunity to enjoy Mass in the great outdoors. Bring your own chair or blanket to sit on. Note that for those with limited abilities, a golf cart will be available to transport people to Mass on the Grass with chairs provided. If you need golf cart transport, meet by the school doors.
After Mass take part in any of the following activities at your leisure:
- Kids’ Games and Crafts
- Cookie Decorating
- Dragon Ride
- Music and Dancing
- Great Food
- Country Market
- Craft Beer Sale
Please note that we will not have our regular 5 p.m. Mass on Saturday, Sept. 16. All are welcome to our outdoor Mass at 4 p.m.
This year Emerson Avenue will have us dancing in the parking lot with high-energy classic rock. Learn more about Emerson Avenue at emersonaveband.com/
Following Mass, stop by the Outreach Ministries tent to find out more about HNOJ partnerships and the programs they offer.
Kids – get your prayer stick. How it works: get a (popsicle) stick, bring it to the fire pit, say a prayer and receive a treat from the volunteers. All our prayers are being offered up together – a tradition for the last several years.
Events sponsored by Outreach Ministries:
Cookie decorating for kids sponsored by Cookie Cart
Face painting sponsored by Faith Formation
Craft activity sponsored by Interfaith Outreach
Avoid the long lines at the ticket booth. Fall Festival tickets will be available for purchase after all the Masses Aug. 26-27 and Sept. 9-10 and at the parish office after Aug. 28, during regular business hours. Tickets are used for food, beverages and kid’s games at Fall Festival. Tickets are $1 each. If you prefer to purchase your tickets at Fall Festival, we suggest you bring cash to shorten the wait time in the ticket line.
Entrance to Fall Festival is free!
Watch for sweepstakes tickets in the mail and return for a chance to win $2500, $1500 or $500 cash. Free-will donation optional, all proceeds support your Holy Name of Jesus parish. Be sure to mail your sweepstakes tickets back soon to reach us before Fall Festival. Or drop them off at HNOJ during Mass.
Plenty of great food including our favorites:
- Homemade tamales from Ascension School and Parish
- Burgers, brats and hog dogs courtesy of the Knights of Columbus
- Pizza and candy served up hot by the Boy Scouts
- Popcorn at the Country Market