Join the Special Needs Ministry Team: Taking part in a parishioner's spiritual journey
The Special Needs Ministry at Holy Name of Jesus provides people with developmental disabilities the oportunity to experience Sunday Eucharist and grow in their spiritual development.
You can touch a life by getting involved in this ministry—and have fun, too! Volunteers can get involved through:
- Sunday Mass Transportation: Offer a ride, once a month, to and from Sunday Eucharist and/or the monthly Faith Sharing Session. Open to ages 18 and older.
- Monthly Faith Sharing Sessions: Meet once a month in the Fireside Room from 9:30-10:20 a.m. to pray, sing and create a craft or activity related to the scripture or season. Also, help provide coffee and juice and assist in cleanup. Open to all ages.
- Birthday Card Ministry: Write and send birthday cards to parishioners in our Special Needs Ministry. A list of birthdays, cards and postage are provided.
- Seasonal Gatherings: Join us for our Welcome Back Fall Picnic, Christmas Dinner and Party with Santa, and Lenten Stations of the Cross and Fish Fry. Parishioners, their families and their
housemates join in on these activities, as well as Hammer Homes, Inc. staff. Open to all ages.
- Develop New Activities: Come brainstorm with us on how to get our folks involved in giving back to the community, both in and outside of the church.
- Pray: Holy Name of Jesus is one of the few parish communities with a ministry of this type. Please keep us in your prayers.
For more information, please contact Frank Renshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 763-745-3484.