Join the Special Needs Ministry Team:
Taking part in a parishioner's spiritual journey
The Special Needs Ministry at Holy Name of Jesus provides people with developmental disabilities the opportunity to experience Sunday Eucharist and grow in their spiritual development.
You can touch a life by getting involved in this ministry—and have fun, too! Volunteers can get involved through:
- Monthly Faith Sharing Sessions: Meet once a month in the Fireside Room from 9:30-10:20 a.m. to pray, sing and create a craft or activity related to the scripture or season. Also, help provide coffee and juice and assist in the cleanup. Open to all ages.
- Develop New Activities: Come brainstorm with us on how to get our folks involved in giving back to the community, both in and outside of the church.
- Pray: Holy Name of Jesus is one of the few parish communities with a ministry of this type. Please keep us in your prayers.
- Special Needs Transportation: Offer a ride once a month to and from the monthly Faith Sharing Session or special needs events throughout the year. Open to ages 18 and older.
- Seasonal Gatherings: Assist with special events throughout the year. Open to all ages.
For more information, please contact Deacon Dennis at the parish office.
Special Needs Monthly Faith Sharing Sessions
Special Needs Monthly Faith Sharing sessions take place on the third Sunday of each month from 9:30-10:20 a.m. in Emmaus A. Sessions consist of prayer, a discussion focused on biblical figures, scripture or the Catholic faith and an activity related to the lesson or the season. Sessions are scheduled from September - May.
Special Needs Faith Sharing is open to individuals of all ages and abilities. Lessons will be differentiated and adapted to individual unique needs. If you have questions about First Communion or Confirmation prep for special needs, contact Michele Kirchoff. To register a participant, contact Tom Silver.
All are welcome including those interested in volunteering to be a part of the special needs ministry. As a volunteer, your role is to share your faith, participate in the activity and promote a culture of inclusion and belonging. All volunteers are required to complete Safe Environment training. For more information about volunteering, contact Michele Kirchoff.