The Young Adult Community at HNOJ
HNOJ Young Adults (otherwise known as The YoPros) is Holy Name’s young adult community. We offer opportunities uniquely for people in their 20s and 30s to grow in knowledge and relationship with Christ. Additionally, we create environments to grow in fellowship. We don’t just hang out, we build deeps relationships with each other. Read up on our offerings below. We are sincerely excited to meet you!
Never miss a thing! Please sign up for email updates below, join our group on Facebook, or our group texting if you aren’t on Facebook. This way, you’ll get updated on things as they happen.
Questions? Want to grab coffee with one of our leaders? Contact: Emily Abe
HNOJYA Retreat: Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Mark your calendar for our very first retreat together! This will be a great opportunity to shake things up by getting out of town and engaging in your faith.
Many details are still being finalized, so make sure to pay attention to our communications for updates.
It would be immensely helpful for us if you marked yourself as 'going' if you plan to come. Getting an idea of numbers will help us plan accordingly since we've never done this before.
What we do know:
- We will send out exact itinerary once it's finalized
- Friday night will be a time to gather and hang out. There won't be any programming until Saturday morning. This allows flexibility with time and cost. Our first session begins at 9:00 a.m. Saturday. It takes 3 hours to get to Lacrosse.
- Cost is going to be about $15. Lodging, food, transportation on your own. We are reserving a block of rooms at a hotel so we can stay in one place. We will let you know where and how once we know.
- Coordinate rides and room arrangements on your own.
- You are welcome to book an additional night to visit downtown Lacrosse on Sunday. I (Emily) will not be staying though.
- Fr. Colin will be with us until about 2 p.m. Saturday
Pints and the Padre and a Potluck
Let's celebrate the conclusion of our school year programming (books) and the kick-off of our summer programming (movies) with a potluck!
We're still ironing out the details, so mark yourself as 'going' to receive notifications on updates.
So far we know:
- Whatever you bring is most of what we will have. This includes food, yard games, bonfire supplies, and anything else you would like to bring. Start thinking about it!
- Drinks provided, of course!
- Most likely will be outside so we won't have to observe most protocols
Pints and the Padre
Saturdays over the summer
6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
School’s out and summer is here! So, we’re taking a break from books from May to August. For Pints and the Padre this summer, we are watching movies! Come on over to HNOJ to watch a movie, drink some beer (or White Claw, of course), and have a rich discussion about the movie after. Other than a punctual movie start time, expect this evening to be relaxed and freeform as it should be during the summer.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the movie beginning at 7:00 p.m. We ask people to clear out by 9:00 p.m. for our custodians to close the building.
Traditionally, we’ve had an ordained “padre” with us for Pints. However this summer, Chris Kostelc will be joining us, a padre with a wife and kids. Chris is the Director of Faith Formation at HNOJ and has provided support for the YoPros throughout the groups existence. We’re excited to have him!
Please keep in mind the movies we’ve selected are heavy because of the content they deal with or what is shown on screen. If you’re sensitive to this, do your research before attending.
- Saturday, June 26
- Saturday, July 10
- Shawshank Redemption
- Saturday, August 7
- Finding Nemo or people's choice
Sign up below for future updates!
Socials are on hold indefinitely. Please reach out if you are willing to help restart these events.
Don’t forget to join our group on Facebook and sign up for email updates below!