Marriage in Christ is coming to HNOJ!
Marriage is a complex subject. Commitment, love, patience, forgiveness, communication and trust are crucial, but a marriage also needs “maintenance”.
Our culture tells us that marriage is a union of soul mates. But Christian understanding is that the unity of a man and a woman, as well as creation of a family, is of greater importance. Only in Jesus and the Holy Spirit can we live a married life filled with the love of God.
Marriage in Christ will guide us to make the Lord the center of our marriage and help us maintain the love and personal friendship between husband and wife. This can be a constant challenge! Each of us has new things to discover about and share with our spouse, no matter what stage of life we are in.
Marriage in Christ Seminar
April 11-May 9, 2024
6:30-8:30 p.m. Two-hour sessions on Thursday nights at HNOJ
The Marriage in Christ Seminar: Friendship with God, Friendship with Our Spouse, In the Holy Spirit, is a five-week seminar for couples who desire to strengthen their marriage, who want to establish good patterns of prayer and friendship or who are facing transitions in their lives, e.g., having children, the empty nest or retirement. The Marriage in Christ seminar invites couples to renew their love and affection for each other and for the Lord, to deepen their unity as a couple and to celebrate the presence of God in ordinary life. God Our Father desires to renew marriage through the power of the Holy Spirit. Let Him begin with yours!
What to Expect
• Watch a 20-minute episode presenting each week's topic
• Meet in small groups for discussion (men with men, women with women)
• Meet alone as a couple for private conversation
• Participate in a prayer service during which we invite couples to make Christ the center of their marriage and invite the Holy Spirit to fill their marriage with his presence and power. This prayer service is one of the highlights of the seminar.
• Week One: God First, Our Spouse Second; Episode 1: Take a Number
• Week Two: Love, Sin, Forgiveness, and Hope; Episode 2: Love and Sin
• Week Three: The Role of the Holy Spirit in Marriage; Episode 3: The Holy Spirit
• Week Four: Love and Friendship; Episode 4: The Three Loves
Commitment of our marriage to Christ and prayer for the Holy Spirit in our marriage
• Week Five: Ordinary Life in Christ; Episode 5: Ordinary Life in Christ
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is for all married couples. It will help to strengthen your marriage — whether newly married or married for one or 50 years!
If we know we are going to miss one of the weeks, can we still attend?
Yes, we can make arrangements for you to view the transcript. You can do the couple’s discussion questions on your own.
Is there childcare?
Yes there is nursery for children 9 months old to 5 years old. Infants under 9 months old may stay with mom and dad in the seminar. Unfortunatley we won't be able to offer child care for children older than 5 years old for this series.
If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Etzel.