What is CURSILLO?
AN ENCOUNTER WITH CHRIST
The Cursillo Movement is dedicated to spreading the Word of God and helping people form a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. The Cursillo employs a method that emphasizes the importance of a balanced life of piety, continued spiritual study, and action. The Cursillo method enables you to:
- Expand your prayer life
- Spiritually grow through an ongoing formation process that increases your knowledge about God's Word and your Catholic faith.
- Spread God's Word in a natural way to the people you interact with in the very environments in which you live.
What is a CURSILLO weekend?
The Cursillo Movement is introduced over a consecutive seventy-two hour period called a "Three Day Weekend." During the three day weekend, which begins Thursday evening and ends Sunday evening, a team of religious and lay personnel present a series of talks to the candidates and the entire group calls upon the Holy Spirit for enlightenment and guidance. The team and candidates live as a small Christian community over the weekend and discuss these talks in small groups. The discussions provide an opportunity to share insights about the presentations and hear how others received that same presentation. The talks and discussions cover a variety of topics including:
- The lay person's role within the Church
- Meaning of grace and sacraments
- Importance of prayer and the study of God
- Christian leadership and living Christianity in community
- Our call to bring Christ to others and transform the very environments in which we live
- The importance of supporting one another in our efforts to live a truly Christian life
Throughout the weekend the participants will pray together, attend daily mass and have an opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation. Typically, by the end of the weekend, candidates have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and a better understanding of the power of the Holy Spirit. Also, candidates leave the weekend knowing that they have been called to spread the Word of God.
Want to learn even more details about Cursillo and Cursillo weekends? You can find out more at the Twin Cities Cursillo Website.
If you prefer to ask questions and find out your answers you can contact Fariba Roughead.