Starting the week of Aug.16, expanded our hours for Eucharistic Adoration! Our new hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., and we hope to have at least two registered adorers for each hour. We hope this step will eventually get us back to perpetual adoration, but we need your help! If you feel called to come and adore our Eucharistic Lord, signing up for an hour is easy! You can sign up by:
- Creating an account online at https://hnoj.weadorehim.com/
- Or you can call Holy Name of Jesus at 763-473-7901.
- Or you can email Fr. Wratkowski directly.
Thank you for your consideration!
That one hour in the Adoration Chapel is my time to thank God, honor Him, listen to Him, and to ask Him for forgiveness, guidance and strength. The fuller your life is, the more you need that quiet hour with God.
-- Kris Parod, parishioner at Holy Name of Jesus
What is Eucharistic Adoration?
Eucharistic Adoration is an opportunity: an opportunity to find an oasis of peace in the midst of a hectic world, an opportunity for silence in the midst of ceaseless noise, an opportunity for reflection in the midst of never-ending tasks of daily life. Most of all, it is an opportunity to spend time with Jesus, and to get to know him as a friend; a friend who delights simply in time spend with those he loves.
God wants to be close to us. The Eucharist is the miracle of this closeness in our lives. The goal of adoration is to help us appreciate this miracle in a deeper way, so that we enter more deeply into the wonder of the Mass, and allow it to transform our lives.
Video Guide to We Adore Him
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t come for my hour?
The Adoration times allow us to have at least two adorers per hour, so that everyone will have backup. If you are going to have to miss, you can contact your adoration partner(s). But you can also request a substitute at your hour by doing the following:
1. Sign in at “hnoj.weadorehim.com”
2. Click on “My Dashboard” on the top of the screen
3. Scroll down to “My Commitments”
4. The next few dates of your commitment should be listed. Click “Request Substitute” for the date(s) you need.
What if I can’t come during exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in the monstrance?
We understand that the limited times may make it difficult for some to participate in Adoration during which there is exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Know, however, that you are always welcome to come and pray in the adoration chapel where our Lord is always present in the tabernacle. It is a grace-filled practice to adore our Lord even when “hidden” within the tabernacle.
Can I still come to Adoration even if I am not signed up for an hour?
Yes! We hope that all our parishioners feel encouraged to pray whenever they have the chance. Whether or not you have a scheduled hour, you are welcome to come and adore Our Lord for as long as your time allows.
What if I want to come to Adoration, but can’t sign up right now?
No worries! We have ensured that someone will always be with Our Lord. If you would like to come but can’t sign up, we hope you can come at your convenience and stay as long as you like! You do not need to be officially signed up in order to adore Him.
Adore: simply look at Jesus and recognize Him as God. Thank him for His love. Offer Him your heart along with all of its burdens.*
Look: at Him who looks at you with love.
Pray: the rosary, the divine mercy chaplet or other devotions, intercede for others.
Read: the bible or other spiritual writings.
Listen: for God’s voice speaking to your heart. Rest: in God’s presence, and allow him to fill your soul with His peace.
Be: with Him, center your heart on Him, enjoy His presence.
*Upon entering and before leaving the Chapel, it is customary to genuflect on one or both knees, in reverence to Jesus.
- The desire to spend an hour with Jesus weekly on an ongoing basis
- Enjoy quiet prayer time
- Faithful to schedules
- Willing to communicate with the hourly coordinator
- Know in your heart that you were drawn here by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is patiently waiting for you to come before Him so that He can bless you, comfort you and give you hope. He wants you to have peace in your life and He wants to show you the way to the Father. His INVITATION is knocking at your door...open the doors to your heart and let Him...
- Come and visit Him in His Blessed Adoration Chapel and kneel before Him...Face-To-Face...and you will find peace in your life. Jesus will listen to your pleas, hopes and desires, and in His Divine Way, He will bless you with His grace, courage, strength and zeal for God's Word.