You know that feeling when the conversation around a table full of satisfying food and beverage reaches its fever pitch and the friends gathered are both relaxed and completely stimulated at the same time? It's that moment when a simple conversation transforms into something more.
Pints and the Padre seeks to fill the lives of HNOJ's young adults with these moments. We can all go to happy hour, but Pints and the Padre seeks to transform those conversations into something fulfilling, fun, and profound. Once a month we are gathering young adults at a local restaurant to have these kinds of transformative conversations with our own Fr. Bryce Evans.
At Pints and the Padre, Fr. Evans is going to bring a single question to help jump-start conversation and then we can ask any and all the questions we want. If you've ever questioned your faith or disagreed with a church teaching, Pints and the Padre is a safe place to raise those questions. No judgment on questions, just clear, truthful, faithful answers.
HNOJ will pick up the tab on appetizers and each person will be responsible for their own beverages.
NEW - BETTER - FUNNER!
Hey y'all, we want Pints and the Padre to be as lifegiving and intellectually stimulating as possible, so we've decided to make some changes. Here is a quick run down:
- Scheduled Topics - Fr. Evans has pre-schedule the next 3 session's topics. That way you know ahead of time what we are going to be discussing and can come better prepared to fully engage. You can check out the summer topics below.
- New Format - We've worked out a new format that allows more time for people to get to know each other, time for your questions about faith & life, and a more focused discussion.
- New Location - We love Rock Elm, but for the summer, at least, we are trying out the patio at Lucky 13.
- Who: Young Adults 21-35, bring anyone you'd like.
- Where: Varies, see schedule below
- What: Share a conversation, food, and maybe a pint with Fr. Bryce Evans. Fr. Evan will bring a question, and we will ask all the questions we want.
- Cost: Appetizers are provided, but everyone is responsible for their own beverages.
- When: Most gatherings will be from 7:30-9 p.m. on Wednesday evenings (some Sunday events too)
Pints and the Padre Schedule
- July 25 - 7:30-9 p.m.
- Topic - Religion in Public - What should be the role of religion in politics or public debate?
- Aug. 22 - 7:30-9 p.m.
- Topic - Alcohol - Should religious people drink alcohol? (will we have to change this ministry?)
Sign up for Email or Text Message Reminders
Hey, we'd love to remind you of Pints and who couldn't use a reminder? So fill out the web form and we will get you on the reminder list.