What is Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos?
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos is a charitable organization serving orphaned and abandoned children in Latin America and the Caribbean. Its mission is to provide shelter, food, clothing, healthcare and education in a Christian family environment based on unconditional acceptance and love, sharing, working and responsibility.
A worldwide community of donors, staff and volunteers enables NPH to help the children become caring and productive citizens in their countries. Each year, Holy Name of Jesus high school teens participate in a mission trip to one of the designated areas.
This August teens and adults from HNOJ travel to the Casa Santa Ana, in the Dominican Republic, a home in the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos system of orphanages. While at the house, we put on a VBS experience for 6-8 year-olds during the day and spend our afternoons and evenings giving attention to children who desperately need it. Each night we take some time to reflect on our day's activities and how we experienced God in the most vulnerable and marginalized. There are a limited number of spots on the trip.
The dates of the trip are Aug. 1-7.
How you can help
You can have an impact on the lives of orphaned children by helping us raise funds to support their needs. Below is a list of upcoming fundraisers (watch for dates as plans are firmed up!)
- Walking Taco Sales:
- HNOJ School Concert Dinner:
- VBS Taco Lunch:
- VBS Pizza Lunch:
- Dance Camp:
- Led by past and present members of the Wayzata High School Dance Team; for girls entering grades 1-6; cost is $60; register at the HNOJ parish office; Dance Camp Registration Form
- Boys Camp: Wednesday . at HNOJ
- Led by HNOJ youth and adults involved in the NPH trip; for boys entering grades 1-6; cost is $60; register at the HNOJ parish office; Boys Camp Registration Form
- Holiday Gas Station BBQ & Car Wash: TBD, 11 a.m. -1 p.m.
Your business logo can be printed on the back of the trip shirt for a contribution. Download the form.
Walking Taco Sponsors
Your business can sponsor the Walking Taco Sales. Download the form.
Donation Request List-combination locks for the children's personal lockers (Master Lock)
- Croc-style sandals - sizes 4,5,6,7 (US)
- school supplies (blue and black pens, pencils, erasers, lined paper notebooks, large grid paper notebooks)
- boy/girl underwear; boxers for older boys
- boy/girl shirts (US sizes 6-12)
- male and female deodorants
- books in Spanish (children's fiction, young adult fiction, adult fiction, reference books for research at university level, English/Spanish dictionaries, self-esteem and personal growth for young adults, lives of saints)
Special Collection A special collection for the NPH orphanage will be offered July 22-23.
"The NPH mission trip to the home in Mexico is the highlight of my summer. I feel so blessed to be an adult chaperone on this trip and to represent the community of Holy Name down in Mexico. The children of this home show and reflect the beauty of our universal, Catholic faith and family. The HNOJ mission trip allows our teenagers to experience and participate in being the hands and feet of Jesus while serving for a week down there. Every trip, I am in awe of the transformation of these young people as they become forever a part of the NPH family." -Karen Holdvogt, adult chaperone
"Seven years ago I signed up to travel to Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (Mexico) with the HNOJ group. I knew very little about the home and had no idea what to expect. Fast forward seven years. I now sponsor two beautiful godchildren who live at NPH, and I am preparing for the biggest leap of faith in my life. I will be spending one year at NPH, volunteering as a teacher and caregiver. I had no idea that my first trip seven years ago would spark a passion in me and ultimately change my life. I highly encourage you to learn more about NPH and the beautiful children who live there. It may change your life as it changed mine." - Claire Jordan, former trip participant
Child sponsorships and donations are always welcome. To learn more about NPH, you can contact HNOJ parishioners Karen Richelsen at 612-730-7669 or email@example.com or visit the NPH website.