Lectio on the Lawn this Spring!
Need a break? Want to relax your mind and soul? Try Lectio on the Lawn at HNOJ! Lectio Divina is an ancient form of praying with scripture. This isn’t a standard Bible Study - no homework, no prep. Simply show up to the hour Lectio experience and spend time listening to God’s word. No special skills or Bible experience required.
While Lectio is simple, it is also amazingly powerful. There is a reason this prayer practice has survived for 1500 years!
We will be practicing Lectio with the upcoming Gospel reading which means you not only get to pray midweek, but always prepare for Mass on the upcoming Sunday.
The Spring session of Lection on the Lawn will meet on Wednesday nights from 7-8 p.m. in May and one week into June. At HNOJ we will be doing Lectio Divina outside to enjoy our beautiful campus (bad weather and we move inside). Sign up below and attend as many of the sessions as you are able.
Please register for Lectio so we can plan well for those participating.
- All adults and Confirmed teens
- Facilitated Chris Kostelc
- Meet at HNOJ in the grassy area across from the playground near the big tree.
Dates / Times
- May 5, 12, 19, 26 & June 2.
- 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Lectio Divina of upcoming Sunday Gospel + 10 min teaching + loose discussion/QA
- Registration is ongoing throughout the Spring. We would appreciate you registering before attending.
COVID-19 Particulars and What to Bring
- Rainouts/cold will be moved indoors or to Zoom meetings. We will let you know by 3 p.m. the day of.
- Social distance – people living together can sit together, but otherwise, six feet apart, please
- Masks are welcome but not required outdoors. If we are inside, they are required.
- Bring your own chair
- Bring your own Bible
- Handouts will be emailed and copies will be available when you arrive.
- Bring your own Bible/Sunday readings on a phone or another mobile device (we will text links)
- Stay home if you are sick