Check out these opportunities for you to get involved right away in ministries at HNOJ. You can serve others, and make friends along the way!
“Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)
Holy Name of Jesus celebrates an average of 35-40 funerals annually. If you have experienced the death of a loved one you understand how important the prayers, care and support of your faith community are. Holy Name of Jesus has a dedicated group of parishioners that make themselves available to serve families in their time of grief. We are currently in need of volunteers to serve as Acolytes and Sacristans.
Sacristans prepare items used during the funeral Mass including hosts, wine, communion vessels, linens, etc. This preparation takes place about thirty minutes before the start of the liturgy. Sacristans also serve as Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion when needed. After Mass, the Sacristan puts away the items used in their proper storage place.
Acolytes aid the Presider during various parts of the liturgy. Duties include carrying the Processional Cross in at the beginning and end of the Mass, assisting the Presider with the Presentation of Gifts, lighting charcoal and placing incense in the thurible for incensing, and serving as Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion when needed.
All of those involved in the funeral ministry participate as needed. It is an on-call ministry that usually takes place in mid-morning. Training is provided. If you would like to find out more, or if you want to get involved in this rewarding ministry please contact, Judy Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-745-3490.
We are seeking your helpful hands to keep Holy Name of Jesus beautiful as the liturgical seasons change. Our crew comes together 10-12 times per year to change banners, flower pots, set up Nativity scenes and more. Be on our call list, no obligation. Here are ways you can help:
• Join us for three hour daytime shifts, snacks included.
• Join us for the larger Christmas and Easter setups, lunch included.
• Join our committee for planning, design, scheduling, etc.
We are in need of a new volunteer coordinator for our Sunday Hospitality gatherings. If you enjoy working with the dedicated volunteers at our parish, please consider taking on this role and sharing your hospitable spirit!
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Schedule, communicate with and coordinate volunteers to support the Sunday Hospitality ministry which serves coffee and refreshments after the 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday Masses. This includes recruiting volunteers, maintaining an accurate list of volunteers by mass preference and season, developing the volunteer schedule and emailing the schedule to all volunteers, as well as sending email reminders early each week to the volunteer families for the following Sunday.
• Maintain a roster of active and substitute volunteers.
• Email the schedule three times a year to all active volunteers.
• Coordinate schedule with other uses of the Good Samaritan Center (i.e. KC Breakfasts, Scout Breakfasts, etc.)
• Communicate with the school lunch coordinator who orders food supplies, and with the receptionist who orders paper supplies (i.e. cups, napkins, tablecloths.) Monitor supplies--many other groups use them.
• Order donuts weekly and cookies as needed. Pick up donuts from Cub Foods each Sunday morning.
Also, please be sure to view HNOJ's Coffee Ministry Guidelines.
What’s one ministry that takes just a few minutes each week, but is an important part of our worship experience? Our projector and sound board ministry, where volunteers operate the projector to display messages, parishioner responses, videos and song lyrics during Mass. It’s easy to learn, and volunteers can choose any Mass time that is convenient for them to attend.
Want to get involved? Contact Nate Reinhardt at email@example.com.
We currently offer a Music Ministry program for students in our 6:30 p.m. Wednesday Faith Formation classes and are looking to expand this Music Ministry program in the 2013-2014 program year. To do this, we are looking for music ministers to serve our 5 p.m. Wednesday program and our 9:15 a.m. Sunday program. Music ministers commit to spending 25 minutes with the students a total of six times within the program year.
Are you musically inclined? If you can play an instrument and lead children in song for a short period, then this new opportunity is calling you! Please contact Theresa Reichert, Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-745-3483.
Become a catechist for our Faith Formation Ministry for the 2013-2014 year. Dedication is required, but lots of knowledge about the faith is not! We provide the plans and all the materials needed to run the week’s lesson. All we need is for you to come and provide the love and attention these children and youth need to grow in their faith. You’ll be surprised to see how much your own faith grows as the year goes by!
We are seeking catechists in the following programs:
- Sunday School (preschool through kindergarten) at the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Mass times
- Sunday Faith Formation (first through sixth grade) from 9:15-10:15 a.m. on Sundays
- Wednesday Faith Formation (first through eighth grade) from 5- -6:15 p.m. or from 6:30-7:45 p.m. on Wednesdays
- Confirmation Small Groups, Year I (ninth grade) from 7-8:30 p.m. on Sundays
- Confirmation Small Groups, Year II (tenth Grade) from 3:45-5:15 p.m. on Sundays
Please contact the following if you are interested in learning more or signing up:
Kory LaCroix (tenth through twelfth grade): email@example.com or 763-746-8190