A Community Caring for Life (ACCL) exists to increase parish awareness of issues relating to respect for human life from conception through natural death and to support pro-life organizations in our community. The mission of ACCL is to uphold the principle of the sanctity of life, which holds that each human life is sacred, a gift from God, worthy of respect and dignity, and not to be deliberately shortened regardless of circumstances. This is the cornerstone of our Catholic Social Teaching.
Some of the organizations we support are:
- Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life
- Life Care Centers
- Rachel's Vineyard
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops - Pro-life
There are many ways to get involved with ACCL here at Holy Name of Jesus. Opportunities revolve around participating in Holy Name of Jesus fundraising activities:
- Gregor Greenhouse spring fundraiser
- Collecting items for our annual October Baby Shower
- Volunteer for cinnamon roll sales
- Participate in the votive light extinguishing ceremony in January
- Make and sell Mother’s day corsages
- Work the Holy Name of Jesus rummage sale
- Attend the annual rally at the capital in January
Please contact Karen Karn for more information regarding ACCL or to volunteer in any of the above-mentioned capacities.